So you think you’ve found your idea dream home.
1. First get the full address. Google and a bit of reading through estate agent’s details should get you this.
2. Do a council tax band search and see how much this is.
3. Check for planning permissions listed for this property on the council’s website.
4. Have a look on the police maps for the local crime information.
5. Do an environment agency search for flooding.
6. Check out the local shops/schools/pubs/post office
7. Check if it gets broadband and what is available – use the broadband checker
8. Can you get a shopping delivery from your local supermarket? You can log in and check with the postcode on most of them.
9. Have a look on google streetmap for the area. It’s almost like driving around
10. Do a general google search for the area – have a look at the newspaper websites for the area too as they can be quite interesting.
11. Look for local community based websites and see what’s going on in the area. Is the local council pro-active and are people interested in what’s going on in the area. For villages see if there’s a village website and read up about what’s going on there!
12. Are there local groups for the things you have as hobbies? Swimming pools/libraries/youth clubs for the kids etc.
After all this, why not ring the agent and organise a viewing!