Picking the right wallpaper when revamping your lounge can be a daunting task. There are so many factors to consider, such as the style, color, pattern, texture, and durability of the wallpaper. You want to create a cozy and inviting space that reflects your personality and taste, but also complements the furniture and accessories in your lounge. Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect wallpaper for your lounge makeover.
– Start with a mood board. A mood board is a collection of images, colors, fabrics, and other elements that inspire you and capture the mood you want to create in your lounge. You can use online tools like Pinterest or Canva to create a digital mood board, or cut out pictures from magazines and catalogs and paste them on a poster board. A mood board will help you narrow down your options and visualize how different wallpapers will look in your lounge.
– Consider the size and shape of your lounge. The wallpaper you choose should enhance the proportions and features of your lounge. For example, if you have a small or narrow lounge, you can use light-colored or striped wallpapers to make it appear larger and brighter. If you have a large or spacious lounge, you can use dark-colored or patterned wallpapers to add some warmth and coziness. You can also use wallpaper to create focal points or accent walls in your lounge, such as behind the sofa or fireplace.
– Match the wallpaper with the furniture and accessories. The wallpaper you choose should harmonize with the existing or planned furniture and accessories in your lounge. You can either go for a contrasting or a complementary scheme. A contrasting scheme involves using wallpapers that have different colors or styles from the furniture and accessories, creating a bold and dramatic look. A complementary scheme involves using wallpapers that have similar colors or styles from the furniture and accessories, creating a subtle and elegant look.
– Think about the durability and maintenance of the wallpaper. The wallpaper you choose should be able to withstand the wear and tear of everyday use in your lounge. You should also consider how easy it is to clean and remove the wallpaper if needed. Some wallpapers are more durable and washable than others, such as vinyl or non-woven wallpapers. Some wallpapers are more difficult and costly to remove than others, such as paper or fabric wallpapers.
– Have fun and experiment with different wallpapers. The best way to find out what wallpaper works best for your lounge is to try out different samples and see how they look in different lighting conditions and angles. You can order wallpaper samples online or visit local stores and showrooms to get some ideas. You can also use online tools like virtual room planners or augmented reality apps to see how different wallpapers will look in your lounge before buying them.